"Applications have now come to a close for the Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth Programme.Watch out for stories on the journeys of our participants that took place in the training”
The Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth programme aims to enable young women and men in urban areas to acquire skills and experiences that are relevant to them having jobs either as seekers or creators of jobs.
The project is targeted at Ghanaians who are:
- Between 18 – 35 years
- Social Entrepreneurs /interested in social entrepreneurship
- Out of school youth
- Individuals within Accra’s low-income urban communities
The project is in three stages
1000 Successful applicants will receive a 10-day social entrepreneurship training
200 social enterprise start-ups who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 2 months business Incubation services
20 successful social entrepreneurs who have completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 2 months business acceleration services
Applicants must therefore be committed to the programme and its duration of 6 months.
- Application Deadline:
- In-person Interviews: TBA
- Programme Duration: 01 October 2019 – 31 March 2020
Criteria for participation
- Must be aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Must be Ghanaian
- Entrepreneurial edge: Must be self-driven, resilient, committed and coachable
- Must be committed to the programme and its duration of 6 months.
- Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- What do you understand by the term 'Social Enterprise'?
- Why you want to be a social entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- How does your social enterprise/ social enterprise idea aim to enhance employability in your society?
2. A copy of a valid ID
Applications will be examined in accordance with the applicable criteria as stipulated in the criteria for participation. Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted persons..
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview in Accra after a week of the closing date.
PLEASE NOTE: NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.