GREAT Scholarships offer students the opportunity to receive £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses in the 2024-25 academic year at universities across the UK.
For the 2024-25 academic year, postgraduate scholarships are available to students from Ghana at the following institutions. Please visit the university pages below to find out which courses scholarships are available for and information on how to apply.
- Keele University
- Edge Hill University
- Imperial College London
- Robert Gordon University
- University of East Anglia
- The University of Manchester
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Derby
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Plymouth
- University of Kent
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Warwick
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Ghana.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.