National Apprenticeships Expert consultant
We are seeking a National Apprenticeships Expert consultant to lead the technical input to Skills Training Centres implement more effective approaches to skills development which are employer led and more inclusive of disadvantaged groups and much more
|Closing date||Wednesday 19 December 2018|
Key responsibilities are:
- Support leading policy makers in Ghana to complete a self-assessment tool to allow countries to benchmark their apprenticeship systems against a global standard. You will consult with these stakeholders and conduct research to produce the self-assessment report;
- Design and facilitate a workshop for national experts to agree (based on the benchmarking) areas for development and the scope and design of Technical Assistance to be delivered;
- Lead on the delivery and management of the apprenticeship technical assistance activities that will be informed by the benchmarking
- The production of a final report which draws together lessons learned from your intervention that contributes to the International experts final report
- Share the results of your work at the international conference alongside country partners
The successful candidate will possess:
- In depth understanding of apprenticeship and TVET policies in Ghana and beyond;
- Proven ability to conduct impactful, insightful research allied to significant expertise in Skills Development and Technical and Vocational Education Technical Assistance;
- The ability to analyse the current policy landscape and work with stakeholders to design projects to improve the systems;
- Experience of working in the National TVET Sector and a strong understanding of the strategic implications of apprenticeship reform;
- Significant expertise and experience in working with a range of Vocational Education institutions, ideally both employers and training providers.
- Strong knowledge of a range of TVET initiatives and methodologies and be able to work with a diverse group of suggested partners as well as suggesting their own.
University degree (Master’s degree minimum) in social sciences, education and training, learning, employment, economics or related
Kindly download the below document for more information
How to apply
If you are interested, please send the following:
Your CV tailored to the above requirements;
A cover letter detailing your interest in the role and the key area of your experience and daily fee rate to email@example.com with the title National Apprenticeship Expert
Please note, we can only respond to successful applicants and only within 10 working days of the application deadline.