1) How do I make payment for an Exam? If you are paying for IELTS, select the appropriate exam type, fill in the required details, and proceed to make payment using the mobile money payment option by selecting ‘’Pay now’’.
2) Can I input my sponsor’s mobile number or guardian when prompted to input a mobile number at payment? Yes, you can if the account is adequately funded for the amount due.
3) How long do I have to input my mobile money PIN and complete a transaction? This should be completed in under 60 seconds.
4) What should I do if I do not receive a prompt to input my PIN? Not to worry this is usually a network issue, endeavour to be in a network-enabled area, or else kindly reload the payment page and input the phone number once again.
5) I get the message “Insufficient funds” from my network provider after inputting my PIN what do I do? This transaction is a failed one and you can repay within the window displayed on your screen.
6) How do I know if my payment is successful? You will get a debit from your Mobile money operator of a successful debit and a success response displayed on the payment page which confirms a successful payment.
7) What networks are available to pay for in my country? The supported networks are displayed when you select a mobile network operator to make payment.
8) What happens if my account is debited and yet I have received a failed notification? Please contact the British Council at email@example.com who will conduct a check and advise you accordingly.
- In the event the payment has been successfully received by the British Council, your application will be processed and confirmed, and a notification sent to you within two working days.
- If the failure is on the side of the British Council payment provider, please allow another two days for the reversal to be made to your mobile money account. You will then need to attempt another payment.
- If the failure is on the side of the mobile money operator, please allow another 5-6 days for the reversal to be made to your mobile money account. Alternatively, you can contact your mobile money provider directly.
9) What happens if I need to get a refund?
- For faster and more efficient processing, refunds will not be offered via mobile money. Instead, these will be paid via bank transfer. Customers will receive an email requesting their bank account information in case a refund has been approved.
- All approved refunds will be paid within 21 days of receipt of the application and all supporting documents.
- All customers requesting a refund will need to provide bank account details bearing the same name used at the point of registration. This information needs to be provided on the bank’s letterhead.