Do you want to learn directly from some of the world’s largest media organisations? Reuters, BBC, Facebook and Google News Initiative are working with the British Council to deliver Future News Worldwide 2020, a unique opportunity for aspiring student journalists. Apply for the Future News Worldwide conference! Visit the global website of the programme to learn more.
Future News Worldwide is a unique partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations. It aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills.
The programme centres around a two-day annual conference which will take place at Sky Central, London on 14 and 15 July 2020. The conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the world the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.
What are the costs?
The conference is fully funded, with the British Council covering the following costs for successful delegates:
- Conference costs
- Travel to and from London
- Meals and accommodation.
Who can apply?
The competition is open to individuals of any nationality who meet all the criteria below:
- aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their study after 1 July 2018.
- be able to speak English at the equivalent level of IELTS level 6.5 or above
- not have participated in a previous iteration of Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11-16 July 2020.
How to apply
Applications close: 11.59 GMT on 14 February 2020
All applicants must complete an online application form. The form is composed of contact details and eligibility questions, followed by two questions designed to test your journalistic skills and interests. Visit the global website of the programme to learn more and submit your application.