This Call for Proposals is to identify an associate consultant that will be contracted on a draw-down basis to support British Council Ghana Arts Programme to respond to programme delivery and emerging opportunities in its arts portfolio in line with country, regional and corporate priorities. Based in Accra, Ghana, the consultant will also work closely with colleagues in the wider West Africa cluster (Nigeria and Senegal) and provide insights into the local Arts Sector.
All the programme areas will focus on mainstreaming the inclusion of women, disabled, youth and participants from diverse economic backgrounds as well as other marginalised groups in its design.
British Council is a leader in education, arts and English language around the world and focuses many of its activities on providing access to improved services, facilities and opportunities in these areas across the globe.
British Council Sub Saharan Africa Arts (Art Connects Us) strategy will focus on supporting our regional vision through working to develop stronger creative sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) that are better connected to the UK. This work will enable the UK to hear clearly the voices of young Africans including through the emerging New Narratives programme. The consultant will contribute to this through Ghana-specific insights and delivery.
We work through our partners in the creative sectors of the UK and SSA to stimulate new ways of connecting with and understanding each other through the Arts.
The programme delivers programmes through Three Core Offers: Cultural Exchange, Creative Economy and Shared Global Challenges.
Approach and Activities
The selected consultant will be contracted for a maximum of 180 days from 14 June 2021 to 31 March 2022 to provide the services and deliverables as articulated at the start of the consultancy and quarterly afterwards, with reasonable skill, care and ability in accordance with the standards set by British Council in any contractual agreement associated with these Terms of Reference
The broad approach for delivery of the consultancy will be in line with Work- From- Home protocols in place at the British Council office in Accra or at various locations across SSA or UK as required by the consultancy.
The key deliverables for the consultant will be finalised on contracting and include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting Business Continuity by providing interim support to Ghana.
- Supporting Business Development with identified potential partners in line with Business Development protocols.
- Managing and / or supporting development of delivery partnerships with arts organisations and grantees in the UK and Sub Saharan Africa.
- Building insight on trends, key people and organisations in Ghana and providing same periodically to the Sub Saharan Africa arts team.
- Monitoring, Quality assuring and supporting delivery of artistic or creative economy projects between Ghana and the UK.
- Reporting on activities supported and sharing learning / recommending improvements.
- Representing the Ghana arts team in events and various other fora to share approaches and insights as agreed with programme lead.