Invitation to Tender (ITT) for Ghana Social Enterprise Programme Impact Assessment
The British Council Ghana is seeking a research consultant, consortium of social enterprise consultants or organizations with expertise in the UK and Ghana social economy to work with us to assess the impact of the British Council’s Social Enterprise programme in Ghana. over the last four years of implementation, explore areas to focus on for future implementation as well as opportunities for the British Council to add value in partnerships that are supportive of social enterprise development in the country.
|Closing date||Friday 07 December 2018|
1. To review the areas of programme focus of the British Council Ghana Social Enterprise programme.
2. Review relevance and impact of activities implemented in 2014 - 2018 financial years.
3. Access the impact of the delivery of the programme strategies and activities on the:
- British Council global, regional and country strategies
- Beneficiaries and target audience
- Social enterprise ecosystem
4. Review the outcomes of the programmes and project:
- Areas to focus on in the future
- Partnerships opportunity
- Areas to scale back on
5. To assess our impact in relation to the areas with specific focus in:
a. The enabling environment for social enterprise, including legislation, policy and regulations as they relate to social enterprises in their varying forms, along with social investment and finance mechanisms and models in place for enterprise which deliver social impact
b. The identity and profile social enterprises and entrepreneurs in Ghana identifying their locations, scope and scale of work, areas of social enterprise interests
c. Capacity building initiatives for social entrepreneurs and social enterprise, including training and education provision, start up and growth support services, financial readiness support, research and evidencing support, and innovation funds and hubs.
d. Assessment of social enterprise in curriculum and availability of in – house social enterprise support
e. Grassroots innovations and breakthroughs from social entrepreneurs and views and opinions from social entrepreneurs, governments, investors/ funders and corporates with a stake in the development of the social economy
f. Awareness and visibility of social enterprise and attitudes and perceptions of national and international influencers and other stakeholders including the public
g. UK experience influencing policies and approaches to social enterprise
UK recognised as a centre of excellence for social enterprise with British Council as a conduit to access that excellence
6. To map opportunities for the British Council to develop strategic relationships with significant stakeholders in social enterprise development and to explore potential partnerships that deliver a return on investment for the British Council and that are likely to have a considerable impact of our work for the social enterprise sector.
Please download the ITT for more details
How to apply
Deadline for submitting a response to this ITT/proposal is close of business Friday, 7 December 2018.
All enquiries and completed proposals should be submitted to Larisa.BowenDodoo@gh.britishcouncil.org no later than the stated deadline.
Any clarification questions on the scope of work should be submitted via email to Larisa.BowenDodoo@gh.britishcouncil.org no later than Friday, 30 November 2018.